[Updated 24 Aug 2009 for rev 0.9.6]
The (mu-compatible) WP Tuner plugin for WordPress is a powerful and easy to use way to answer many hard questions about why your blog is slow or cranky. What’s causing the slowdown? Is it a plugin? Is it your host?
Used with a bit of common sense, this powerful plugin will help blog administrators as well as software developers improve their WordPress blog performance.
- WordPress site administrators
- WordPress plugin and theme designers
- WordPress developers
Fully translatable, this plugin has been tested on WordPress versions back to 1.5 and up through 2.8.* on both regular and multiuser WP.
As our new blog comes up to speed, I hope to provide a variety of helpful hints over time. WordPress is an amazingly powerful blogging platform; WPTuner helps keep it that way!
» Download rev 0.9.6 from wordpress.org [Compatible with latest WP version; minor improvements.]
Comments and Questions
» WP Tuner rev 0.9.6 comments thread
Need Install Help?
If WP Tuner doesn’t install correctly, please go through the following steps (also listed in the readme file):
- Visit the admin page for WP Tuner (Settings->WP Tuner)
- If any errors are displayed, please resolve the issues if you are able
- If you are having trouble that you cannot resolve, then…
- Set the Debug Level to 1
- Copy the wpTuner Diagnostic Report (at the bottom of any page) and paste into a comment here. We want to make this plugin as bulletproof and easy to set up as possible.